Anyways, ONE WEEK LEFT OF TEFL! No, it hasn't flown by past, it's actually been a slow, grueling process. I haven't posted in a while because 1) I've been too busy with work 2) my work has made my life in Prague not so eventful or interesting.
I have tons to do this week, first I have to plan/finish many assignments for tomorrow AND finish a lesson for my one-on-one student tonight (its more practice teaching, I have to do this for the course so I don't get paid, yay...) Besides that, I am hoping this week they will tell me (latest next week) that I have a job BECAUSE I am flat hunting as we speak. I'm meeting with a young girl wednesday evening to look at her place (we'd be roommates but its a great location and cheaper that way) but nothing is set in stone yet. I'm just looking at my options, I'd like to live on my own but it'd be a lot harder to do that here.
My European adventure is going to have to wait for a week or two; my Czech visa process will take a little time and I am not allowed to leave the country until its all taken care of. So, hopefully, late June I can set out. I'm starting to figure out a rough sketch of my travels (Germany, Brussels, Amsterdam, Paris, up to UK, back to Paris, Spain French Rivera, Italy, maybe Greece and back to Prague) Something like that.
Now, this is not set in stone, its more like a hopeful rumor, but I might be joined halfway through my travels by the Betsy Smith!!!! I think as long as she can convince my dad to come, she'll do it. Again, I'm not trying to get my hopes up if it doesn't happen, but I mean it when I say it would be awesome!
Well, that's all for now, I have tons to do and want to be on the ball this week; this entire process has been important to me because I want to make a good impression, so staying on top of the work helps. Anyways, I'll update you probably next weekend, this week will be crazy and I'm sure I'll have lots to share.
-Rachel
I love reading your blog, but keep in mind that only people with accounts can leave comments...
ReplyDeleteSo though you may not be able to see it, LOTS of people are reading :)
HI, YOUR BLOG IS AWESOME. It helps all of us know what you are up to and be even more jealous of what you are doing. This is a little chat from you, but there is no dialogue from the other side, which has you worried. Not to fear, just keep it up. Plus, it will be fun to look back on someday =)
ReplyDeleteI love your blog Rachel. I get to live vicariously through you and I know your still alive (I worry about you being in another country by yourself; I know that sounds like I should be your mother, but I don't care)! I especially love your youtube videos; the one in the airport cracked me up (I don't know why). I hope you're still enjoying yourself despite all the work, and you and your mom would have sooo much fun traveling through Europe (Jealous!). Anyways, have fun, be safe, and keep blogging so we know your okay!
ReplyDelete