I know I probably said this in a recent post, but I've made up my mind about the job situation. I am currently in the process of getting my Czech visa/ work permit (but this isn't a quick process, so my European adventures may have to wait a week or two). Most likely, to start out, I will take a full-time job with Caledonian, and then after a month or two go to part-time (which is less hours and not as stressful) and take on a few private students (that is where the money is here).One of the girls in the TEFL program with me has mentioned getting a flat together when we start in August/September which would be great! So here's hoping!
This week went fine, i gave a listening lesson, and for the most part, it went well. We had our mid-course evaluation with our trainers and mine basically said typical things to work on but that I have "superior rapport with my students" which is a great quality to have. He said if I stay with Caledonian, he wouldn't be surprised if I was popular (for students I mean). So anyways, the gang and I went out to the Charles' Bridge area to go to a bar, hang out, talk. We found a place on the water and it was a nice night. Today, I have to go get some groceries, do some homework, and then prepare for a "private lesson" tomorrow morning with one of my students.
This lesson, basically, I have to find a Czech/foreign student who wants to meet 2 times free of charge to work on their English. We have to do this for the course, but were free to pick anyone. I asked a very nice girl in our pre-intermediate group if she wanted to meet with me (very sweet, about my age too). She is very excited about it! We basically will meet for an hour, talk, and I'll find out why she wants to know English and prepare to work on what she needs to work on the most. Then, we meet a second time and I actually give her a private lesson geared toward her needed focus (reading, listening, grammar, or speaking). I'm very excited about this, private lessons are really big here, people want to just talk with English speakers for an hour or two, and most of them pay a lot! Hopefully, by fall, I can collect a few clients and do this, this way, I can actually save some money!
Anyways, that's all for now, I hope things are going well at home. Shout out to Mcgill, Todd, and Griggs for their awesome birthdays this past week!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment