'ello from England! I have enjoyed my time here so far, except for one bump in the road the other day. I went to Stonehenge my first full day in london and it was great! I stayed at a very nice house in Wimbleton with a girl I met on a wine tour in Bordeaux, France. She took me out to dinner, gave me free internet and let me do my laundry, i tried to pay her back but she refused, so a fruit basket is coming her way this xmas!
well, my next full day was seeing downtown london, and i enjoyed my time except: i got an eye infection. I don't know what happened, my right eye just hurt and i was tearing up all day. I felt so bad that i finished what touring and shopping i could do and went back to the apartment. after many eyedrops and much needed sleep, i woke up feeling a lot better, but my eye did swell a lot the night before. but its over and im starting to feel much better.
now, im in York and i couldn't be happier! im staying at a charming B&B and its the best accomidations ive had thus far. they offer a free full english breakfast in the morning, and i have to say: the food in england (that ive had) has been delicious! if you know what to get, its soo good; granted its not the healthiest thing, but its great. last night i had gammon steak with and egg, grilled tomatoes and chips (fries) with Strongbo cider. this morning i had eggs, bacon, sausage, beans, mushrooms and hashbrowns with toast (yum). if i wasnt gaining weight before i will be now! granted i only am eating 2 meals a day here since its soo much food!
anyways, i toured York today, its a very nice city and ive found a lot of neat places to explore. tomorrow, i head to Edinburgh, Scotland to see a castle and to fine a mysterious note *someone* left for me. ill try to make a video there tomorrow, again, the foods great and the cider rocks! i head back to paris on friday afternoon, but i don't know if i could leave the UK, i love it!
-rachel
Sounds good to me! Wish I had more time and $$ to be able to sample England. After all, that is where we are from!!!Can't wait to see you! Love, MOM
ReplyDeleteDid you go to the Harry Potter Stuff?!?!?! YOU SHOULD GO TO THE HARRY POTTER STUFF!!!!! :)
ReplyDelete