Yeah, im in for a hard night ahead of me. if you're reading this and its between 6pm-2am your time, please be praying for me! at the last minute, due to reservation issues on trains (yay france in july) i have to sleep in a car with 5 strangers on an 8-hour train ride to Bordeaux. AT LEAST I won't be doing this on my birthday...which is the day after tomorrow...the 13th...in case you forgot! (a great birthday gift is a nice hello on my facebook wall, seriously, tell me how awesome i am) i can be vain, yall know this.
anyways, my last day in Marseilles is over. overall, i wouldn't recommend Marseilles in July, come at a cooler time. And, one of my bunkmates noted, that Marseilles isn't as sophisticated as i thought it would be. it is a very dirty, smelly city-port with beggers everywhere. but yes, the Mediterranean is breath-taking and from what i can tell the local cuisine is good (i haven't had any, keeping to a budget and not willing to splurge until mom is around) and for the most part people are helpful.
I will spend four nights in Bordeaux before I'm off to Rennes, then things tend to get a lot faster-paced for me (a day to visit beach of Normandy, Paris a night, over to London for UK travels for 8 days, back to Paris for a couple days until mother/daughter time!) I hope i get a chance to visit a vineyard or something while I'm in Bordeaux; its known as the wine capital of France I believe.
Again, love the comments and talking with people, a very Happy Birthday to Ms. Melissa Whitener (i wonder how i remembered). Anyways, getting nervous about the train ride, please pray for me!
much love
No comments:
Post a Comment