So, for those of you who didn't know:
I stormed the beaches on Normandy yesterday! I stayed two nights in Bayeux and went on a tour yesterday to see the American Cemetary, Omaha Beach, the Battery, and Point du Hoc. I was surprised at how emotional i was at the cemetary, but i guess that happens to most Americans visiting the sight.
Umm, soo, I'm in Paris! Just for one night; I have to take my train from Paris to get to London...which is where I will be tomorrow! yay! I'm soo happy I actually have people to stay with, they live in Wimbleton which is like 20 minutes from London, but hey, its a free place to crash with some very nice South Africans (i met them on my Bordeaux wine tour).
So my schedule for UK is: 4 days, 3 nights in London (day trip to Stonehenge) 2 days, 1 night in York, and 3 days, 2 nights in Edinburgh then back to London to hop on a train back to Paris. I will be in Paris for 2 or 3 days on my own until mom comes flying in, so things are starting to get interesting (if they weren't already). anyways, thanks for reading this and know i'm thinking of yall!
-rachel
No comments:
Post a Comment