Friday, July 2, 2010

The REAL Disney Castle

Soo, i just got back from Fussen which is right near King Ludwig IIs famous castle, which inspired Walt Disney to build the one in Disneyworld. I spent one evening in the small, quiet town of Fussen which was full of tourists, expensive cafes and Castle gifts! Besides that, it was reall reall hot!

This morning I went to see the Castle, it was gorgeous! Unfortunately, they do not allow pictures to be taken inside, so the ones i have are of the outer parts (but regardless it was the coolest castle experience ive ever had....i dont think ive had a lot though). but it was a very successfull day, however, the trip back (only two hours) was long and brutally hot! it is sooo hot here in Germany, i dont know, i was kind of surprised at that.

tomorrow i have a very long day ahead. im saying goodbye to germany and hello to france (lyon to be exact). i start at 715 in the morning and will be getting to lyon (with a few changes in between) around 645pm. it will be a very long day, but i plan on resting up in lyon for like 5 days. france will be a lot slower for me, i kind of messed up my schedule and realized i have more time than i thought i did, so as a result, i will be spending 2 1/2 weeks in france (which isnt a bad thing) and then going to the UK. if you have any recommendations for me and things to do or eat or whatever, send me a facebook or email message.

anyways, im hitting bed early because i have an early start. also, because of my long journey, i bought a book to read (life of pi). ive heard good things and seeing it involves a kid traveling alone with tigers and stuff, i felt it fits my adventure well (just kidding, i havent met a tiger... yet). love yall and have a very Happy 4th of July (itll be hard to celebrate in france, should i try to order freedom fries?)

-rachel

3 comments:

  1. I loved the Life of Pi...You will too! Also, I think France is the place to hang out in...rather than germany...especially because of the food....MOM

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I wasn't concerned about your safety, I would dare you to wear an American flag t-shirt every day this coming week. Happy 4th of July. =)
    much love,
    Taylor

    ReplyDelete
  3. Life of Pi was... interesting. I will be interested to know your opinions :)

    ReplyDelete